POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bigPatch update : bigPatch update Server Time
15 May 2024 10:58:01 EDT (-0400)
  bigPatch update
From: Will W
Date: 29 Mar 2003 18:08:43
Message: <3e86277b@news.povray.org>
The revised code for bigPatch is now available at
http://will.thornhenge.net/bigpatch/index.html New in this version are fixes
to the control hull code and corrections of a couple of problems with
incorrect orientations. A last minute repair error prevented the earlier
code from working properly in many situations; this has been fixed, too.

The only remaining problem I am aware of at this moment is that uv_mapping
is not as well controlled as I'd like it to be. That is, I've got it
working, but I would like to be able to fine tune the image map to the
contours of the mesh-- is there a way to do this? You can see the problem on
the example images at the web site.

I think I've made the licensing more clear-- that bigPatch is to be free for
individual use, including modifications and extensions, but is not public
domain. I've read the discussion about licensing issues that happened last
autumn (thanks for the pointer to those, Tor) and I think what I now have
would satisfy the objections I saw in that thread. I'm open to more
discussion on this if need be.

Please take a look and give me your feedback. Especially about the
uv_mapping stuff.

TIA,
Will
--