POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sphere Sweep/Splines : Sphere Sweep/Splines Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere Sweep/Splines
From: K Schultz
Date: 29 Mar 2003 16:23:46
Message: <3e860ee2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm basically trying to cut a standard torus into about 5 uneven segments
with spaces in between. At first I was going to cut the torus with the
Difference {} command, then add sphere of the same radius as the torus to
the end. It doesn't really work ( i was cutting the torus with boxes, should
I use something better?) so I decided to use the sphere sweep. I just need
to get the sphere sweep to go on a radius of 1.25. I just can't figure out
how many control points, or where to put them to get a perfectly round
section. I'm looking for 5 segments about 1/8 of the circumfrence of the
circle long and I can't figure out the math at all.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin