POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Handling for Water-Surface-System : Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Mar 2003 17:35:42
Message: <3e837cbe@news.povray.org>
I was just rambling about Christoph's idea of using
functions for transformations.

My system does work like I initially suggested (or actually,
will work):
it takes an object and a macro, both are supplied by the
user. If he wants the object move along a spline, fine, he
just sets a translate Along_Spline in the transformation-macro.
Thus I can access any moment of the objects path by calling
the macro with an appropriate value for X, and I can take samples
of the objects' positions and calculate the interaction with the
surface.
Thats all I need, and since no one has come up with a better
solution so far, thats what I'm gonna do.

Never planned on using functions for this.
(Hope I'm not sounding offensive here, but the Outlook just
quits working every now and then, and I feel like I should
make myself short and clear, and prevent it from crashing
before sending the message...)

Regards,
Tim

--