POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug with dispersion : Re: Bug with dispersion Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with dispersion
From: Hughes, B
Date: 27 Mar 2003 03:40:02
Message: <3e82b8e2@news.povray.org>
Yes, I see it too.

Massimo Valentini pointed out to me, a couple months back, a possible
relevant part of lighting.cpp from the POV-Ray source code which might be
flawed. The section deals with dispersion in fresnel reflectivity and a part
is commented out as being experimental. Perhaps that was uncommented for use
in MegaPOV 1.0 but I haven't got the source for it to check on that. So,
anyone curious about it might want to have a look there in lighting.cpp; the
part in question is for 'determine_reflectivity'.

I haven't been POVing much these past two months, even less reading of these
newsgroups lately... until now. This does seem to be related to what Dick
Conley had pointed out before. There apparently hasn't been more discussion
of it besides this thread now, just so you know.