POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug with dispersion : Re: Bug with dispersion Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with dispersion
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 26 Mar 2003 06:18:59
Message: <3e818ca3@news.povray.org>
I managed to get a MSVC 6 compiled version of povray 3.5 (from official
source code).

Now the result is like Manuel Kasten's result on linux. The image with both
fresnel and conserve_energy have a cyan "edge" but it is not sharp as with
the official win32 version. The other images looks fine.

To Manuel Kasten: What did the images produced by MegaPov look like?

I would expect all four images to be exactly the same. But I am not sure of
what the currect image is, I think it is the image without the cyan edge,
but the image with the soft edge (from MSVC or linux) looks somewhat ok too
if you increase dispersion_sample.

--
Daniel Nilsson