POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray script to OpenGL? : Re: Povray script to OpenGL? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray script to OpenGL?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 26 Mar 2003 04:29:30
Message: <3e8172fa$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3e80c672@news.povray.org...

>   A ray can intersect a plane only in one place. There's no way for a ray
> to intersect a plane in more than one place (unless it bends somehow). :)

Sorry, I'm not explaining my question/confusion well (which is now pretty much
resolved).

A plane stretching to infinity would, presumably, need an infinite bounding box
(otherwise it's not infinite). An infinite number of rays would be required to
trace it, since there would be an infinite number of intersection points. This
would take an infinite amount of time. This is obviously wrong, but I was
curious as to how it was wrong, which I think I now largely understand.