POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray script to OpenGL? : Re: Povray script to OpenGL? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray script to OpenGL?
From: Tom & Lu Melly
Date: 25 Mar 2003 14:54:31
Message: <3e80b3f7@news.povray.org>
news:3e8095f9@news.povray.org...

>   Uh? Calculating the intersection point of a ray and a surface which
> is very very far away does not take any longer than with a surface
> which is close. Why would you think it does?

Well, I was kind of thinking that an infinite plane would require an
infinite number of rays to trace since there would be an infinite number of
places that a ray could intersect (and that would be potentially in view).

However, on reflection, it occurs to me that:
a) the number of rays is limited by the resolution
and
b) that would just be silly.

Toodleoo.