POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem em create a simple box : Re: Problem em create a simple box Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem em create a simple box
From: Tom Melly
Date: 24 Mar 2003 10:26:24
Message: <3e7f23a0$1@news.povray.org>
"BlackSilver" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.3e7ec52965d81a663e895b380@news.povray.org...
> I Have a problem in the union between two parts of my box:
>
> #declare Behind_Part =
> box   { <5.00, 0.00, -0.5>,
>         <-5.75, 5.75, 0.0> }
>
> #declare Left_Part =
> box   { <5.00, 0.00, -0.5>,
>         <-5.75, 5.75, 0.0> rotate y*90 }

Problem 1: You are going to have co-incident surfaces.
Problem 2: Well, I'm not entirely sure what you wanted, but the above will
indeed create a union where the two boxes meet at x=0 and x=-0.5.
Problem 3: I suspect that you don't yet understand how rotate works.

If you want to understand what is going wrong with your version, try this
birds-eye animated view of this simplified version of your scene. You will need
to add +kff10 to the command-line options box to see the animation (that's the
dialogue box next to the output resolution selector).

#include "colors.inc"
camera {   location <0,50,-0.01>   look_at <0,0,0>}

light_source{  <0,100,0>  White}

#declare Behind_Part =
box   { <5.00, 0.00, -0.5>,
        <-5.75, 5.75, 0.0>