POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Render with all CPU's you have on any PC. SMPOV 3 supports now Mega-POV & "frame_step" : Re: Render with all CPU's you have on any PC. SMPOV 3 supports now Mega-POV & "frame_step" Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:32:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render with all CPU's you have on any PC. SMPOV 3 supports now Mega-POV & "frame_step"
From: Lance Birch
Date: 21 Mar 2003 21:45:21
Message: <3e7bce41@news.povray.org>
Hi Theo :)

I posted a while ago on this forum, asking about SMP solutions, and noticed
that you had written SMPOV.  I tried to use it today, but I haven't been
able to get it to work :(

It keeps returning errors such as "Source file not valid", with the name of
a .bmp file in the "COM" folder.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, with the Render agent, what are the "user input" slots?

I have a dual-processor machine, so I want to use both processors for
POV-Ray, using SMPOV to split the tasks.  Do I need to have two Render
agents open, in different folders?

Regards,

Lance.

thezone.firewave.com.au