POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Chain animation : Re: Chain animation Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chain animation
From: Micheal (Mike) Williams
Date: 21 Mar 2003 00:01:16
Message: <3e7a9c9c@news.povray.org>
Try using the spline tool for the path of a single link. A second spline
would be used for the rotation. Then using the clamp to wrap the spline T
value based on the number of links needed and the spaceing. One you find the
difference between each link this is added to the T value. It should place a
link all around the spline which would be in the shape of the normal path of
a chain around the gears.

I hope this makes sence.