POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optimizing objects : Re: Optimizing objects Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optimizing objects
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Mar 2003 17:20:17
Message: <3e779ba1$1@news.povray.org>
I guess it'd be 20 copies of the object. Thus, the macro-parsing is
saved. But CSG-Objects aren't saved like meshes, where the mesh
is loaded into the memory once, and then simply referenced. You
will have 20*CSG objects loaded into memory, no matter how you
do it (via macro or just copying), but macros create overhead.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde