POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield Type problems. : Heightfield Type problems. Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield Type problems.
From: S McAvoy
Date: 17 Mar 2003 06:33:06
Message: <3e75b23b.246070110@news.povray.org>
1.	I created a ppm file in PovRay to use as a heightfield. When I used it
in a test scene I got this error.

 File: C:\Graphics\Moray For Windows Beta\PovScn\type02.pov  Line: 86
  height_field {

    ppm  "C:\data\images\type010.ppm" <----ERROR

Parse Error: Unsupported number of colors (0) in PPM image.

Returned from renderer with error status

It seems strange that there is a problem reading from a file that PovRay
generated itself.

2.	Another problem is with the pgm format. If the file (in ASCII) has a
comment character "#" I get this error.

Parse Error: Invalid width or height read from PPM image.

If I use ASCII format I can edit out the comment lines so it's no bid deal but
it would be nice not to.

Regards
        Stephen