POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune? Christoph Hormann? : Re: Rune? Christoph Hormann? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune? Christoph Hormann?
From: Rune
Date: 15 Mar 2003 07:33:17
Message: <3e731d8d@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> I've got a question about your implemenations of
> Hugo Elias' description for water. I'm trying it myself,
> so I've got the array x*y and save the heights as
> floats, later converting it to positions.
>
> But, when I just raise a single point, I get a stupid
> kind of criss-cross effect: One node will stick
> out, and the adjacent won't. I know that this is
> supposed to happen on the first step of raising
> a point, but how do I get rid of this?

Try to sample more than the four adjacent points. The eight adjacent
points for example (with fitting weights). It's a long time ago, but I
think that did the trick for me. I never solved all problems with the
algorithm though. Never finished the project. Maybe one day.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)