POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : any recommendations for another way to encode? : Re: any recommendations for another way to encode? Server Time
19 May 2024 09:04:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any recommendations for another way to encode?
From: Tek
Date: 14 Mar 2003 23:00:28
Message: <3e72a55c@news.povray.org>
Edward Leibnitz <lei### [at] rcncom> wrote:
> Is there a better way? I'm not against spending some $$$ on a good
> software package, but I've got to get some advice.

Well I've managed to get good results using TMPGenc (http://www.tmpgenc.net/) to
compress straight from the individual frames. The only awkward thing is that you
need to play with the settings to get good results. I find setting it to "2-pass
(vbr)" gets good results, then you can set the target bitrate to balance the
quality against the file size.

My plan is to render the whole animation, then just keep adjusting the
compression quality until I get close to the IRTC size limit!

Hope that helps.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com