POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disco mirrored sphere : Re: Disco mirrored sphere Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disco mirrored sphere
From: Slime
Date: 12 Mar 2003 19:38:38
Message: <3e6fd30e@news.povray.org>
> I have a problem with my sphere. I put on it little boxes with maximum
> reflection, but it doesn't reflect the light, but objects around, is it
> possible to make it to reflect the light ??? I hope it's clear what I've
> written . Thank's for the help~!!!

It's not 100% clear what you mean; there are two interpretations of your
question:

1. You want the light to reflect off the reflective object and hit nearby
objects, making those objects brighter. The solution to this problem is
photons, as ABX mentioned in his reply.

2. You want the reflective object to have bright spots where the light is
reflecting into the camera. The solution to this is specular highlights.
Look up "specular" and "roughness" in the documentation.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]