POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does anyone else have a problem with the adc_bailout on Windows? : Re: Does anyone else have a problem with the adc_bailout on Windows? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone else have a problem with the adc_bailout on Windows?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Mar 2003 12:34:37
Message: <3e6f6fad$1@news.povray.org>

3e6f414e@news.povray.org...
> Thanks a lot for reporting this.  Really interesting that nobody noticed.
> Looks like it is one of those features few people use.

Most likely, it was a feature that didn't get popular because it didn't
work... I've used it in the past but when I saw that it didn't change
anything I just thought that my scene couldn't benefit from it for some
reason or that the changes were too subtle. The fact that it could have been
a bug never crossed my mind...
In fact, once it's fixed many scenes having a non-default adc_bailout value
are going to behave differently! Be sure that people will use it if it makes
a difference, it's not like render times are not an issue ;-)

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com