POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: New website : Re: New website Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New website
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 11 Mar 2003 10:07:02
Message: <3e6dfb96$1@news.povray.org>
The page just kills my brower (IE6) which is not very polite. I guess it is
supposed to pop up a new window but I have disabled that (and I think many
others have too).
Suggestion:
Do not close the browser, instead show a link to the page that is supposed
to pop up so that users like me can klick on it to get to your site.

Web pages that alter my browser window is IMHO really bad. If I have
positioned and sized my browser the way I like I want it that way and not
any other way. It is the page author not the visitor that should adapt to
the other. Some pages may need custom windows because the layout is really
complex, but then you should do as I suggested above and be prepared that
you loose some visitors because they dislike it.

/ Daniel Nilsson