POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Isosurface sea : Re: Isosurface sea Server Time
8 May 2024 15:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface sea
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Mar 2003 09:23:15
Message: <3e6b4e53@news.povray.org>
Not to clutter up answers of answers, just some points here:
- media in water: You are right, I didn't think of that really...
- foam: Hmm, have to experiment some more I guess. Should be possible one
way or another.
- my sea: thanks :-) I was not entirely satisfied though. I think your use
of the declarations in much more neater, and for the swell I used the old
well-trodden path of scaling the whole isosurface. Ugly, in terms of
computing ;->  So, back to the drawing board for me...
- Erasmus: You're welcome! Use what you feel necessary to use. Exchange of
data is there to be used, isn't it? I think Maas waters are a little more
muddier than the North Sea, though. There is that much more gray silt in
suspension that makes the transparency almost disappear. In contrast, the
North Sea seems almost a greenish clear liquid. But much depends also on the
the reflection of the sky on the water.

'maternelle'!)

Thomas