POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lamps in a dark environment : Lamps in a dark environment Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Lamps in a dark environment
From: Justus von Sonntag
Date: 9 Mar 2003 08:51:38
Message: <3e6b46ea$1@news.povray.org>
Hello, out there...

I am rather new to ray-tracing (spent only a few hundred hours on it, most
of it actually reading documentation) and still essentially on my first
topic - a ship in the ocean.

The light sources are the sky_sphere (blue -> black) and the position lights
of the vessel. They are modelled by a white light source within a cylinder
which sectors are painted red/green/white according to the rules of
sailorship.

While I am already quite satisfied with the effect of this light source on
the ship and the water (after introducing fade), the position lamp itself is
pretty dark - i.e. it does not shine.

Setting finish ambient to red/green/white did not help. Neither did so far
my experiments with looks_like

So here is my question: How do I make the lamp appear bright ? Any answers
are highly welcomed

--
Justus von Sonntag, Leipzig, Germany