POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Writing "Include" files : Re: Writing "Include" files Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Writing "Include" files
From: KalleK
Date: 8 Mar 2003 15:59:08
Message: <3e6a599c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

> Here is my main question;
> Once I have the asteroid field scene prepared do I just save as an
> .inc file to use in space scenes?

and then write '#include "ast_field.inc"' or whatever... in your space scene.

Should do it, but maybe you should comment out camera and light_sources which
you used for testing the field. Otherwise you will have at least some
additional, unwanted lights in your scene.
(If your include statement comes before the camera statment of the scene,
then your asteroid-field-camera will be overridden, but better comment it
out, too.)

Kalle