POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : I start POV-Ray and my laptop reboots itself : Re: I start POV-Ray and my laptop reboots itself Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I start POV-Ray and my laptop reboots itself
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 7 Mar 2003 15:57:51
Message: <3e6907cf$1@news.povray.org>
Rick:

For some reason I wasn't able to get that tab to come up on the display
properties dialog box until I cleared out the Windows event log (see my
reply below to Ian Burgmyer). Whenever I clicked on that tab, the Display
Properties dialog box would hang and I'd have to close it through Task
Manager.

Now that I've emptied the event log, though, not only can I access that tab,
but it doesn't seem to have any effect--I can't get POV-Ray to crash Windows
no matter what I try to do with hardware acceleration. Very strange.