POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's 90% about textures (and finishes) : Re: It's 90% about textures (and finishes) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's 90% about textures (and finishes)
From: Slashdolt
Date: 6 Mar 2003 17:32:01
Message: <3e67cc61$1@news.povray.org>
Regarding alpha maps, you can do that with image maps as well as using
transmit and filter components in pigments, if I understand you correctly.
Otherwise, layering textures wouldn't make sense at all.  Maybe I
misunderstood.

Either mlpov or megapov has "finish maps", which I haven't tried yet, but
which sounds intriguing.  I think it's part of mlpov.

As for the texture includes, I generally start using them for test-renders,
and then end up creating my own textures, pigments, finishes, etc., as I
generally dislike the ones in the includes.  (Sorry)

--
Slash