POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I distort a cube? : Re: How can I distort a cube? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I distort a cube?
From: Micha Riser
Date: 6 Mar 2003 08:27:32
Message: <3e674cc3@news.povray.org>
Kaveh wrote:

> Suppose I have a perfect cube, which is then distorted. I can define the
> distortion by giving the coordinates of the corners, the midpoints of
> the edges, and the centers of the faces. How can I draw this new shape,
> with smooth faces going through the points?

You could use bicubic patches with 1 or 4 patches per side (see section
3.4.5). If you use 4 of them you can easily fullfill the point
interpolation criterion but you have some freedom left in the control
points. If you use olny 1 per side it gets difficult to have the patch
interpolate the midpoints and center points.

But all the same bicubic patches might be the right thing to chose.

- Micha

--
POV-Ray Objects Collection: http://objects.povworld.org