POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible bugs in interior : Re: Possible bugs in interior Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible bugs in interior
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Mar 2003 02:37:13
Message: <3e66faa9$1@news.povray.org>
As I see it, you can abserve several effects:
1. media_attenuation isn't used, since there's no fog or media anywhere
2. The darker red appearing underneath your planes-objects is actually
 the shadow of the planes, colored due to fade_color
3. If you lower fade_distance, you can see that though the pure-diffuse
cylinder gets darker red, the one with a little ambience looks washed
out. There's probably some way in how ambient and fade's are calculated
which ultimately result in that ambient 1 object to be pure white.
3b. With lowered fade_distance (to .2 e.g.) there is no sudden gap when
the cylinder pokes out of the planes anymore, cause it is colored entirely
red near-bottom and the shadow is too.

Fiddle around a bit with fade_distance, the lightsource position
and where the shadows fall, and you'll get an understanding what
happening.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde