POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : focal blur at great distances : Re: focal blur at great distances Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal blur at great distances
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 4 Mar 2003 09:42:28
Message: <3e64bb54$1@news.povray.org>
Someday I'll release lots of my blob characters (as if people were dying to
get their hands on them, I know).  But what I really meant is that I had :

i)  a focal_point set up at a variable called LOOK_AT, and

ii) an object{diff2 translate LOOK_AT}  , where diff2 was a union of a
50-component blob and some eyeballs spheres, with who knows how many
translate statements.

I'm not making a general statement about blobs where say  sphere{0,2,1} does
end up not centered at <0,0,0>, which I believe is the reason for your
curiosity.  I'm saying that my diff2 code is so messy that perhaps its
center wasn't near <0,0,0>.