POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Huh? Normal averaging bug? : Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 3 Mar 2003 23:29:22
Message: <3e642ba2@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> But contains unnecessary text, which makes the message longer and some
> problems harder to find.

There ARE no problems to find in the code. It was not provided for the
purposes of analysis. If I had inserted the text of War and Peace as a
huge comment it wouldn't have made any difference. (Well, okay, it would
have made the post enormous, but that's not my point.)

If you want me to take your position seriously, you're going to have to
stop arguing from blind principle and accept that seven lines doesn't
make much difference either way, and furthermore, didn't make the scene
confusing. Of course, if you accept that, then it completely undermines
your position anyway.

>>It would only matter if the bug only existed in the unofficial version.
>
> Did you test it to make sure?

Due to one of the aforementioned unresolved crashing bugs, I do not
attempt to run the official version.

> Being confirmed and documented does not mean the cause has been found
> and a fix written.

Thorsten blames Apple, as I recall. I find this curious, as he appears
to be the only Mac developer in the world who can't make an Open dialog
work; one would assume that if there was a problem at the OS level, it
would affect everybody. However, since I'm unfamiliar with the source
code and the API, I will say no more about it here.

-Xplo