POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Huh? Normal averaging bug? : Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 3 Mar 2003 16:27:33
Message: <3e63c8c5@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   And in your opinion it's me who should be ashamed of myself?

I like bagels, but not lox.

>   Now you contradict yourself. First you claim that your code was minimal
> ("which is what I did"), and now you admit that it had seven lines of
> irrelevant code. Which is it?

*ahem*

 >> Oh, so I left in seven lines of
 >> directives and global settings. BIG FUCKING DEAL.

It's pretty sad when you ask questions that I can best answer by quoting
the post to which you're replying.

Tell me, Warp, did my initial post leave you with any doubt regarding
the phenomenon I was describing? Did you really have as much trouble
understanding my test scene as you imply? Did those seven lines of code
(one of which was somewhat useful in the scene, one of which was blank,
and two of which were braces) really leave you so confused that you
couldn't paste the scene into POV-Ray and render it?

In short, are any of your objections practical?

If the answer is yes, then you're an idiot. If the answer is no, then
you're an asshole.

I see no reason to stop "insulting" you, since that would be lying by
omission, but feel free to let me know which term I should apply to you
in the future.

-Xplo