POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Huh? Normal averaging bug? : Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 2 Mar 2003 11:38:25
Message: <3e623381@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   It's not about you using MegaPov. It's about you posting an example
> code which does not work in POV-Ray without the user needing to edit it.

I'm sorry. Leaving out the top line in a block of text when making a
selection must require more dexterity than I would have imagined.

>   The idea of a "minimal" scene is that it should be short, and not only
> in the number of keywords it uses. Naturally it should be clear and easy
> to read.

And as we all know, whitespace exists to make code harder to read.

>   "I code in this way and you should accept that" is not the correct attitude.

The hell it isn't. My code's not unreadable.

> Of course you can code in whichever way you want and keep your scenes that
> way, but when you are posting a small example scene for others to view,
> you should make their task as easy as possible.
>   The more work you do in order to make other's work easier, the better.

I guess copy and paste is too hard for you, Warp. I can only hope that
someone who can demonstrate that they've mastered these most basic of
text operations is willing to help explain this seeming bug.

Good lord, man. I just wanted an answer, not a fucking editorial about
how incredibly petty and lazy you can be. Next time I find some
anomalous behavior in POV-Ray I'll just keep it to myself.

-Xplo