POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) : Somebody kills me please... (PC died today) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Somebody kills me please... (PC died today)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Feb 2003 22:15:12
Message: <3e6025c0@news.povray.org>
Well.

No more PartixGen-Animations.
No more work on Vegetation-Includes.
Bye-Bye Worldbowl 2003 Edition.
Have fun, my old and long-used Includes.

For my HD died today. Just a few weeks ago,
my Backup CD didn't want to be read anymore,
and just today I thought: I've just reinstalled the
system, now go on and make some backups.

Well, that thought came too late.

All thats left:
========
Scenes: All ZIP files for these were on another Harddrive
"Gerberas", "Tranquil", "Love is a vow"
To be recovered from IRTC: "Worldbowl" (2002), "Iced Land",
"2 Lonely"

Include-Files:
IO-Macros, Mesh-Modifying-Macros, Bezier-Splines -
 These are on my homepage.
x_over-Include, a cross-over of Bezier-Splines and
MMM, with which I modelled a lot of the meshes, was found
in the "Gerberas" ZIP, though its probably some older version.

Aside of that, everything is lost, all codes, all scenes, all gone.

With the important POV-Stuff went all my stuff from the
University, all MP3 (most of them just my own, I've got
like a 95% own MP3 and 5% downloaded), and my games,
though that isn't so bad, they're just games.

But to lose three years worth of POV-Efforts...

Ken, would you mind shooting me? ;-(

Anyways:
<see good side of it all mode>
All crappy code is gone, I've got space for new, clean code!
<see good side of it all mode off>

Rune, if you've still got some version of my Particle-System,
you could send it to me. Don't know if I'd want to continue
working on it though. Probably move on to some new System.
Using I/O. ;-D

Enough rambling. Remember guys, make backups,
lots of em. If you're not tracing something, make
backups.

Hm. I guess I'll post a Reflective-Sphere-on-Checkered-Plane
tomorrow. My first image for my reborn PC.

Regards,
Tim

--
Email: tim### [at] gmxde