POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions : Re: Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for info on vaxis_rotate( ) or related functions
From: Tom & Lu Melly
Date: 28 Feb 2003 16:45:18
Message: <3e5fd86e@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...

<snip>

The thing with the docs is that they logical, but the logic still has to be
learnt. In the end, it's neither a criticism of new users or of the docs,
just a comment on the process.

For example, the solution I gave involves vtransform from transforms.inc,
but Will was trying to work something out with  vaxis_rotate - it would be
hard for Will to intuit that vaxis_rotate was a built in function, and that
vaxis_rotate was an include. I wouldn't know off-hand, and would have to
check both sections, but the difference would be that I would know to check
both.