POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Adjusting display not 1.333:1 "squishing" image : Re: Adjusting display not 1.333:1 "squishing" image Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adjusting display not 1.333:1 "squishing" image
From: Harold
Date: 27 Feb 2003 11:09:00
Message: <3e5e381c$1@news.povray.org>
Valia,

Try using a camera statement like this:

//<POV-Ray script>

camera {location <0, 1, -100>
            right x*image_width/image_height
            look_at <0,1,0> }}

//</POV-Ray script>

Using this camera syntax, the values of your render size
are automatically used to set the aspect ratio. You can
then use any shape of rectangle and the image will always
be correctly proportioned. Note that the words "image_width"
and "image_height" are POV-Ray keywords and not
not the actual values (ie. not 800 or 600).

Harold