POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Space.com : Re: Space.com Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space.com
From: hughes, b
Date: 27 Feb 2003 06:46:49
Message: <3e5dfaa9@news.povray.org>
"Jon S. Berndt" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:3e5d9e1b@news.povray.org...

> Hand coded from a data file. The files are here:
>
> http://www.hal-pc.org/~jsb/shuttlepov.html
>
> I have used Moray to make additional parts, such as the ET and SRBs, and
> have made a new heavy lift launch vehicle:
>
> http://www.hal-pc.org/~jsb/BigBoy.jpg

That must've been a while in the making. Thanks for the file and links.

I started on a bicubic_patch Space Shuttle but I might never get it even
halfway done before giving up on it forever. The basic shape shouldn't be
difficult, just that there's a lot to those things. I'm not using a modeller
for the simple reason I'm not good at using them.

I went looking for a premade model just now and came across yours right
away, even though I wasn't trying to find a POV-specific model. Another
thing I found looks rather interesting, in fact very interesting to me, but
I have no idea what it is really like until I try it. It's a free
spaceflight simulator with models of the shuttle available for it.
 http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html

Bob