POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make animation to be mpeg output file? : Re: How to make animation to be mpeg output file? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make animation to be mpeg output file?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 27 Feb 2003 04:48:56
Message: <3e5ddf08$1@news.povray.org>
"Boonboon" <won### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm a new user and I have just understand the concept of the animation in
> POVray. I opened the example animation file in the POVray programme, with
> the ini file, and I can see the ball moving. But until now I cannot see
> anything that is in mpeg or avi file to browse the movies. Would you please
> teach me about how to make animation in mpeg file?

Povray will not output the final animation file, it just creates a series of
still images, much like the individual images on a strip of cine-film.

You will need to use a 3rd-party tool to combine these still-images into an
animation. Check http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/
for a list of suitable resources (AVI Creator looks like the sort of thing you
need - http://www.bloodshed.net/avi.html ).

> sorry for my poor english.

Seems okay to me.... oh, and welcome to the groups.