POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Smoke : Rendering Smoke Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Smoke
From: James Murphy
Date: 26 Feb 2003 19:31:47
Message: <3e5d5c73@news.povray.org>
I have developed a 3d smoke simulation system based (based on fluid
mechanics) and would like to use POV to render some scences that it
generates.  It generates density map files and at the moment I am using the
code included below to render the smoke.  However, it is very uniform and
boring.  I want to be able to light the smoke from a direction I choose
(maybe to make it look something like the smoke in the Pearl Harbour image
in the hall of fame).  I would also like to be able to control the opacity
and colour of the smoke.

Any help would be very much appreciated as it is for a university project.
Hopefully I can develop this pacakage further and make it into a useful
utility for POV.

James Murphy

Code:

box
{
        <-5,-5,-5>, <5,5,5>
        hollow on
        texture {Container_T}
        interior
        {
           media
           {
            emission <0,0,0>
            absorption <1,1,1>
            intervals 3
            //samples 1,1

            scattering {1, 0.5}
            density
            {
                    density_file df3 "c:\project\smokeB\df3\frame0078.df3"
                    translate <-0.5, -0.5, -0.5>
                    scale 10
            }
          }