POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : alpha channel in animations : Re: alpha channel in animations Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:38:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha channel in animations
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 26 Feb 2003 16:05:52
Message: <3e5d2c30$1@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> It depends on what you're looking for exactly. I don't know of any
> solution in a program or a video format but I'm going to work on some
> bits of video that may include some sort of blue screen stuff. The best
> I can think of is to do it in separate frames.

Do you know if Adobe Premiere or After Effects can work with a set
of individual frames ?  (that's what my friend uses, he's in a
multimedia-stuff school, doing a big project for the end of the
academic year).

(BTW, it would greatly help if POV-Ray was able to output the alpha
channel as separate grayscale frames, as it seems that it's what
commercial renderers do.)

Fabien.