POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AutoCAD2POV DL Problem : Re: AutoCAD2POV DL Problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AutoCAD2POV DL Problem
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 26 Feb 2003 05:22:54
Message: <3e5c957e@news.povray.org>
"ziroc" <tco### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> N.B. I started with DKB and an Amiga 500. But I was dazzled by the
> marketing of other packages. However none seemed to have the image
> control and quality of POV. I have returned to my roots after many years
> and thousands of dollars.

Interesting. I assume, Autocad was one of those packages, right? (also not
necessarily; DXF export is supported by many...) Have you ever tried
Audodesk VIZ? I'm asking not just out of curiosity, since am currently in
the process of finding solutions to nomerous *POV-Ray's* own problems. Such
as, say, to make a tower with battlements and texture it with bitmap
properly... Seems like there is simply no adequate solution if the tower is
not a mesh.