POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : request tutorial on room making : Re: request tutorial on room making Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: request tutorial on room making
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 24 Feb 2003 14:42:53
Message: <3e5a75bd@news.povray.org>
> i've just downloaded moray, it seems to be very useful, do you know
where
> can i get a tutorial for povray or moray that has to do with making 3d
> rooms ?

It depends on what kind of room you want to make ;)
As I've only just looked at Moray, I can't really help you there, but I
suggest you learn POV-Ray anyway.

Well, a regular room with plain, flat walls can easily be made up of a
couple of boxes.
I suggest you read the manual and do the tutorials, understand the
coordinate system and learn how to make a box{}.
A very simple room (no roof here) can be made up of two boxes in csg,
like this.
difference{
    box{<-5,-1,-5>,<5,3,5>} // outer box
    box{<-4,0,-4>,<4,4,4>} // inner box
pigment {rgb 1} // color
}
Using this method, you can easily make doors, windows and other things.
When I make rooms I rather create 6 boxes instead of the difference{}
version above, because it renders faster, but when you're starting out
learning POV-Ray (as I belive you are), it might take a little while to
figure out the coordinates.

Hope this helped!

-Peter