POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a "string length" function? : Re: Is there a "string length" function? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a "string length" function?
From: Will W
Date: 23 Feb 2003 15:50:30
Message: <3e593416@news.povray.org>
news:3e58e425@news.povray.org...
> Will W <wil### [at] nospamwizzardsnet> wrote:
> > Organizing functions by return type is, for me, an intriguing idea.
>
>   There's a very good reason for this in programming, as I explained
> previously.

Yes, I see that. You are preaching to the choir.

I do not see any compelling reason for changing the way the POV and its
documentation are organized. As I have said elsewhere, I do think a brief
appendix for experienced programmers who are new to POV could be very useful
in cutting down aggravation and stupid sounding questions. But that would be
an added feature, not a change in what has already been done. It would be
something nice to have, but not strictly necessary.

--
Will Woodhull
Thornhenge, SW Oregon, USA