POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "include" file designs : Re: "include" file designs Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "include" file designs
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Feb 2003 10:09:20
Message: <3e58e420@news.povray.org>
> But that is the exception, not the rule. The vast majority of include
> files would have no significant benefit from an inclusion guard outside
> the include.

I'm still not so sure about that, but it depends if you're talking
about SDL-Includes, like Rune's Particle System, Colefax's files
etc, or about objects, so if you're talking about the first kind
of files, then you're right, and I would agree.
But for the more professional users (talking of guys who are likely
to make money off of their images), I think that multi-megabyte
files aren't the exception, but rather the rule.
So I guess it depends on the situtation and perspective, like
if we talk about general POV Users (which I think you are) or
about those that try to accompany POVs capabilities with
the flexibility of modelling with other tools (which I am).

Would that be fine for us both to agree on? I like to have
settled and calm endings to different points of view, that's why
I'm asking...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde