POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a "string length" function? : Re: Is there a "string length" function? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a "string length" function?
From: S McAvoy
Date: 21 Feb 2003 07:46:52
Message: <3e561f94.14768976@news.povray.org>
I'm pleased to hear that MegaPOV will probably have context sensitive help
although I've not used it since POV Ver 3.5 was released, too many other things
to do. Keep up the very good work.
It's true what you say about users, and when your getting paid for supporting
them you just have to "grin and bare it" but when your support is free and done
out of love it can be frustrating to know that if they had read the manual they
would not need to ask.
BTW I read this Q & A a few weeks ago : . Q - What do you call a person who asks
for easily obtainable information. A - A boss."
I understood the response to 'Christopher James Huff' as an attempt to soften
this reply. Writing to news groups can be a means of joining a community and
should be encouraged IMHO. Personally no one I know is the slightest bit
interested in computer graphics and it can get lonely. Maybe that is why I like
to encourage others.

Regards
        Stephen