POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic : Re: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Feb 2003 19:38:14
Message: <3e52d1f6@news.povray.org>

de news: cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> Let people vent in p.ot instead. If it bothers you, you need to develop
> a thicker skin or just ignore those threads. Post or e-mail specific
> requests to the parties involved if you want, it may help.

Still, it should be remembered that the last time people got really excited
(around the US presidential elections) and shouting insults at each other in
p.o.t. (remember the "dimocrats") one of the most vocal participants had to
be banned and the group was shut down for some time. Really, this isn't good
for the POV-Ray community.
In the light of these past events, and in this particular case, taking some
pre-emptive action wouldn't be a bad idea, and I did advocate a similar
measure (a limit on the number of posts somebody can post per 24 hours) at
that time. Right now, p.o.t is already being hijacked by Iraq-related posts,
people are insulting each other's mother, and the friggin' war hasn't even
started...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com