POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features : Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 17 Feb 2003 08:24:30
Message: <3e50e28e@news.povray.org>
Hm, thats an idea...

But its not very platform-unspecific. Your system might end up with
filenames like "foo_243515_124512.dat" which would be too long
for some platforms.
On the other hand, your system makes it possible to keep older
files...
Perhaps I should keep track of several changes instead of the last
one? I'm not sure, but IMHO you mostly need only a max of 4
levels of details, these I could keep track of. The ending of the filename
would be referred by that...
Hm, I could even go as far as 1000 backtraces, using that idea for
the settings-saving-file itself...

I'll ponder a little more, suggestions?

--
Tim Nikias