POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features : Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Feb 2003 16:01:14
Message: <3e4ffc1a$1@news.povray.org>
> > Am I still talking nonsense?
>
> I never said it is nonsense, i just did not understand it.

What I meant was that what I am saying is making no sense to
you, so its non-sense, right? :-)

About the functionality you're mentioning, yes, thats what
I want. But instead of accessing the actual files and checking
the data inside them, I want to save the settings that have been
used to generate those files, and then compare these to the former
settings. In this manner, I can tell if the files should be the
same as the ones I'm requiring.
And then I just have to let POV parse the required stuff, instead
of everything.

This all is of course pure POV-SDL, and the generation part
also takes place inside POV, so I think it should work, at least
to the degree that I explained above.
What I'm asking for is some features that might be expected from
this sort of system.
You know some?

--
Tim Nikias