POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features : Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail-Tracker... Asking for Features
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Feb 2003 13:30:24
Message: <3e4fd8c0@news.povray.org>
What I want is to write some macros which keep
track of the resolutions of meshes which were
saved to disk.

Here's an example:
I've designed some cloth-mesh with a resolution of 50x50 Nodes.
I'd use the system as follows:
Create an identifier named "cloth_res", *attaching* "cloth.dat" as
filename and <50,50> as vector to it using the system.
I'd render the scene, those settings will be saved to disk.

The second time I trace the image, the system will check the
formerly saved stats. It returns "true" if I want to load "cloth.dat"
with a resolution of 50x50, since these were the values I've
used before.
If I'd try to trace the image with a new resolution, like 100x100 for
more detail, the system would check and find that the resolution
saved to disk was 50x50. Thus, it returns "false", the file "cloth.dat"
must be parsed anew.
It would also return "false" if the file that should be loaded is
non-existant (due to deleting or such).

In this manner, it keeps track of the recently used variables and
would only reparse data if it can not be loaded with the
desired settings (defined by the vectors).

Am I still talking nonsense?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde