POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media in Povray 3.5 : Re: Media in Povray 3.5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media in Povray 3.5
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Feb 2003 13:32:46
Message: <3e4d364e$1@news.povray.org>
Always glad to help!

I came up with this system whilst trying to create "Treasure", in which
I've made my first attempt at subsurface-scattering for realistic hands
and a woman (see my website's gallery), and fumbling with density,
absorption and scattering I found the combination these can make. Its
become very useful for me since then, I don't know of any other approach
which is quiet as flexible and (for me at least) intuitive.

I might put this on my "Hints" section, cause subsurface-scattering
seems to pop up now and then on the newsgroups...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde