POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New configure script : Re: New configure script Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:47:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New configure script
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Feb 2003 18:16:10
Message: <3e4ad5ba$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3E4### [at] freefr> , Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr>
wrote:

>  However I'm not sure if "powerpc" is the correct machine type to
> check for. Could you tell me what does report a `uname -m` command ?

Well, "uname -m" isn't exactly useful on Mac OS X, unfortunately.  What you
get on Mac OS X is this...

[Thorstens-Computer:~] thorsten% uname -m
Power Macintosh
[Thorstens-Computer:~] thorsten%

However, "uname -p" returns useful and correct information that is portable,
but I have no clue how/if to use it in configure scripts (because I know
nothing about configure scripts)...

[Thorstens-Computer:~] thorsten% uname -p
powerpc
[Thorstens-Computer:~] thorsten%

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany