POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : running povray from another program without bringing up interface : Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: running povray from another program without bringing upinterface
From: Timon Christl
Date: 10 Feb 2003 16:57:30
Message: <3e48204a$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:49:26 -0000, Tom Melly wrote
> "Timon Christl" <chr### [at] belindafmiuni-passaude> wrote in message
>
>> How do I do this? I disliked the editor in Povray for windows from the
>
> No idea - I was just quoting from the docs, and I always use the standard
> interface. However, iirc it's not hard to use another text-editor and have a
> macro/whatever run pov from the command line against your script.

Hm. This will work if POV doesn't grab the focus at all. I don't want to
hide POV completely, but just to keep it in the background so that I can
continue editing POV-Code without any interruption. I guess I should
dust off my C compiler and compile a custom version just for my private
pleasure.

--
Timon Christl <me### [at] christltimonde>
AIM: sgmfragcollector