POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Solid Mesh problem : Re: Solid Mesh problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solid Mesh problem
From: hughes, b
Date: 8 Feb 2003 10:24:46
Message: <3e45213e$1@news.povray.org>
"Kosina.Josef" <kos### [at] felcvutcz> wrote in message
> ...I mean an object made by mesh triangles, which is not hollow.
> Is that right?: (This should be a prism model)

I think what you might be seeing is the fade_distance of the glass interior
making it very dark. You could try removing that identifier and just use
your own fade_distance 30 and fade_power 1 (or 1001 for realistic fading) to
see it is not as darkened. The I_Glass1 has a fade distance of only 2 units
and your prism is much thicker than that.

Having checked this in CSG difference (actual reason for using
inside_vector?) it is definitely not without an interior but I'm not sure it
looks as it should. I'm guessing it is correct though.

Bob