POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation : Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation Server Time
15 May 2024 14:07:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Feb 2003 14:15:58
Message: <3e42b46e@news.povray.org>
In article <3E4### [at] alphalinkcomau> , Edward Coffey
<eco### [at] alphalinkcomau>  wrote:

> I don't see anything particularly political about the content of the
> section "TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND
> MODIFICATION". Certainly the particular rules may be unpalatable to some
> people, but they are nothing more than rules.

The whole idea of the FSF and thus the GPL is to turn software development
and ownership of software into some kind of communism.  It seeks to strip an
elite group (programmers) from the right to make money from their creative
work and sole right to their work.  Instead the masses of uneducated wannabe
programmers are allowed to screw up the programs.

If that isn't political...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde