POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation : Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation Server Time
15 May 2024 04:52:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Increasing Rendering Speed: Idea and Implementation
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 5 Feb 2003 14:49:11
Message: <3e416ab6@news.povray.org>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
> ABX wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:52:11 +0100, Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
>> wrote:
>>> The principle is to only render some pixels and calculate the color of
>>> other pixels using interpolation.
>>
>> Sorry, that's not clear for me, is your addition supposed to be an final
>> output or just preview ?
>>
> BTW, I'll be VERY busy during the next 4 weeks, but come back
> to that issue once I play around with POVRay again (i.e. some time
> next month).

And...

If somebody has a great idea for such an algorithm (deciding what to
render and what to interpolate in which way so that it saves a lot
of rendering time and does degrade quality only just a little) but
does not want to code it (or has no time), feel free to share your
ideas. If it sounds promising it's likely that I'll give it a try.
(Any working patch will be made public by me, of course.)

Wolfgang